Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Candy


So, I was really craving these delicious chocolate bunnies that I bought my kids. I bought them the best ones, imported from Switzerland, and I was just drooling thinking about how good they would be. Of course, I didn't buy one for me, I'm trying to lose weight after all! Well, After I saw several of the kids nibbling on their bunnies, I nonchalantly asked my youngest if I could have a little taste. Maybe some kids don't like to share, but not her, she often gives away her entire treat to someone just to be nice. "NO, Mom!" she firmly said, "it's MY bunny!" Bummer, just let it go, right? Not me, "Oh, c'mon, honey...just a teensy taste?"No go. Of course, this just intensified my craving. Finally when no one was looking I grabbed a bite of one of my oldest kids' bunny, he went back to college without it, so I figured it was fair game.... YUCK! After all that emotional hassle, I didn't even LIKE it! I sort of forgot that I don't really like the taste of European chocolate, I'm somewhat of a chocolate snob I suppose. I wonder why we do this to ourselves. We tend to build things up in our minds until the real thing (event, holiday, food, present, whatever) can't help but be a disappointment! I will try to tell myself that whatever I am looking forward to isn't going to be as spectacular as I imagine it in my mind, and hopefully then I will only be pleasantly surprised. Luckily,the only thing I can get excited about tomorrow is the laundry!

No comments: