Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rainy days and mondays...and tuesdays...and wednesdays...always get me down.




It has been raining for days...I know we need it, but, invariably my mood goes south when we have days of gray cloudy skies. I also have some chronic pain issues that get worse during this type of weather, so that doesn't help my mood. What about you? Do you want to crawl under the covers and hide from the world on days like this, or do you embrace cold, rainy days? My friend, Lydia, loves the rain! She feels cheerful, and treats herself to some good puddle-stomping fun! What I love about this even more is that Lydia is in her 20's! I know, you thought it was no big deal, she must be 6, right? I absolutely love that Lydia still goes puddle stomping, and even if she is alone on her college campus, she splashes with glee! I have tried to be more like that, but, I seem stuck in wanting to hibernate, drink cocoa, and wrap in a fleece blanket when it rains! While I am hiding, I try to remember to pray, to thank God that I have a roof over my head, a fleece blanket to wrap in, and cocoa in the cupboard. Maybe rainy day moods are a way God gets me to spend more time with Him, to pray more, to try to be thankful. Today I prayed for my students, who have their final on friday, for my sister to sell her house, for my mom, who is watching some of the grandkids, and for several serious illnesses I know about. Well, gotta go! Cheerful voices just came in my door...the kids are home from youth group. Blessings, friends!

No comments: